Robert Feranec in front of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
|Residence||California, United States|
|Occupation||Hardware Design Engineer|
|Total views||6,285,000 views
Robert Feranec is a Slovak Hardware Design Engineer. He is the founder of FEDEVEL, a company which has created and is running FEDEVEL Academy courses and has developed FEDEVEL Education platform for online teaching. Robert is specializing in advanced digital development with a focus on processor, motherboard and microcontroller board design. He is well known through his Youtube Channel and videos. Robert posts on his Welldone Blog, teaches at Udemy, speaks at events , has provided number of interviews, spoke on podcasts, and creates HW design courses. His content is about electronics, Altium Designer , Cadence OrCAD / Allegro and Hardware Design tips and tricks.
Life, education and work experiences
In the year 2000, Robert received his Master degree in electronics at the Slovak Technical University in Bratislava at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology. After graduation, he continued studying for a PhD until 2002. Between the years 2002 - 2005 he worked as a Hardware Design Engineer at VOIPAC, Slovak Republic. From 2005 to 2010 Robert lived in Cambridge (UK) and worked as a Senior Hardware Design Engineer at Arcom (later known as EUROTECH Ltd). In 2010, he returned to the Slovak Republic and in 2013, he started FEDEVEL. Currently, Robert is living in California (US) and his main focus is teaching online and sharing his experience through his online courses, workshops, presentations, youtube and his blog.
Open Source Projects
Robert, is founder of several open source projects:
- iMX6Rex open source project, which is build based on iMX6 Freescale processor.
- 28Pins, an open source project based on Arduino board.
- OpenRex Education Project, with goal to find and educate the next generations of engineers, thinkers and creators.
- Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/robertferanec
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robfer
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RobertFeranec.Blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertferanec
- Blog: https://welldoneblog.fedevel.com/
- Forum: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/
- FEDEVEL: https://www.fedevel.com/
- FEDEVEL Academy & Online Courses: https://academy.fedevel.com/
- Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/user/robertferanec/
- iMX6 Rex: https://www.imx6rex.com/
- 28Pins: https://www.28pins.com/
- OpenRex Kit: http://www.openrexkit.org/
- Brown, Eric (2013-11-19). "Tiny open source board runs Linux on i.MX6". LinuxGizmos. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Iantosca, Lucy (2017-08-22). "YouTuber Robert Feranec Visits Sierra Circuits". Sierra Circuits. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Iantosca, Lucy (2018-05-29). "Sierra's PCB Layout Design Workshop with Robert Feranec". Sierra Circuits. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Cadence User Conference 2018". Cadence. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "AltiumLive Summit 2017". Altium. Retrieved 3-4 October 2017.
- "AltiumLive Summit 2019 (Keynote speaker)". Altium. Retrieved 8-11 October 2019.
- "Interview with Robert Feranec". EEWeb. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Jones, Dave "#316 – An Interview with Robert Feranec". TheAmpHour. Retrieved 24 Sep 2016.
- Dalmaris, Peter "An interview with Robert Feranec, computer board designer and educator". Tech Explorations. Retrieved 05 Feb 2020.
- Shaughnessy, Andy "Robert Feranec: A Lifetime of PCB Design". IConnect007. Retrieved 16 Sep 2019.
- Warner, Judy "The PCB Design Process". Altium. Retrieved 24 Jul 2019.
- Dalton, Amelia "Amelia’s Weekly Fish Fry: It's ALive". Techfocus. Retrieved 11 Oct 2019.
- Feranec, Robert "How to Route DDR3 Memory and CPU fan-out". Altium. Altium. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Williams, Al (2017-05-09). "LEARN ADVANCED PCB DESIGN FOR $200–WORTH IT?". Hackday. Al Williams. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- Gammell, Chris "Robert Feranec has now released 100 hardware design tips!". TheAmpHour. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "FEI STU (1998-2001) (EF SVŠT)". Slovak Technical University. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- FUCHS, P; FERANEC, R; GÁBOR, P; HRIBIK, J; HRUŠKOVIC, M; POVAŽANEC, D (14-17 May 2001). "Digital Three-Phase Registration/Calibration Electricity Meter.". Measurement 2001. Proc. Of 3rd International Conference on Measurement:. Pages 66–69.
- GÁBOR, P; FERANEC, R; KISS, M; FUCHS, P (10-11 May 2001). Universal Board for Education with DSP Starter Kit. In: Radioelektronika 2001 : 11th International Czech - Slovak Scientific Conference.. Vysoké učení technické v Brně. pp. 436–439. ISBN 978-80-214-1861-5.
- Masár, I; Abelovský, M; Feranec, R; Gacho, J; Ivanov, I (2001-09-19). "Autonomous Mobile Robot Controlled by TMS320F243 DSP". robotika.sk. Richard Balogh. Retrieved 19 September 2001.
- Matties, Barry (June 2017). "Routing DDR3 Memory and CPU Fanout". The PCB Design Magazine:. Page 49.
- "Advanced PCB Layout Course by Fedevel AcademyAdvanced PCB Layout Course by Fedevel Academy". Helentronica. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Creating Digital Products (Campus London): from Gaming Devices to the IoT.". Meetup. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "iMX6 Rex Open Source Hardware SoM and Baseboard Designed to Teach Schematic and PCB Layout Design". CNXSOFT – EMBEDDED SYSTEMS NEWS. CNXSOFT. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Wilson, Richard (2014-04-16). "Open-source project teaches design of ARM boards". ElectronicsWeekly.com. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Learn programming & electronics for young creators". Open Rex Kit. Retrieved 1 September 2016.